Design Box is a budget friendly, do-it-yourself approach to designing your space
with a professional interior designer. This service allows an east coast designer
to work with a west coast dweller or any state in between.
Here’s how it works:
Find your inspiration. Internet, catalogues, magazines or a walk down the street is where you
can look for your inspiration. You know when you look at a home magazine and a room or object
resonates with you. Clip it, scan it, save it and we will define your style and adapt it to your lifestyle.
Answer it. We have plenty of questions for you because we want to know who you are.
Design isn’t about making a room look pretty, it’s about quality of life and we want to know how yours works.
Fill out the questions and send them along.
Measure it. Time to do our dirty work and measure the space you want to design.
This includes walls, doors, windows and any heating or AC vents. Check out the measuring guide for details.
Picture it. It’s important for us to get a good sense of the room and the adjoining rooms.
We’ll need digital pictures from all four corners of the room including ceiling and floor shots, too.
Take a look at how we do it.
Re-use it. Furniture, fixtures, artwork or any item you’d like to incorporate into the design will
also require measuring and photos. Some furnishings may benefit from reupholstering or accessories.
We will show you how to measure your pieces.
Send it. Now that you’ve gathered all the information and inspiration send it along to us
and we’ll go to work on your design.
In 4-6 weeks you will receive your Design Box for each room you have ordered. Included in your box:
- Dimensioned floor plans showing new or your re-purposed furniture placement.
- Purchase List for furniture, accessories, area rugs and any other items complete with pricing.
- Paint samples, wallpaper samples, fabric samples or other samples specific to your design.
- Inspiration Boards that will show all the design elements pulled together to get a feel for the finished room.
- Instructions on how to use your design box exactly as planned or how to think outside the box and use it as your guide.
- Lighting design and custom cabinetry specifications are also available upon request.